Information about Lanzarote
Real Estate Lanzarote
Puerto del Carmen is a great holiday destination on Lanzarote with its attractive beaches and clear waters, there is always plenty of fun for all the family whether its sunbathing on the beach, scuba diving or snorkeling, boat trips, shopping and dining or strolling along 7km of promenade coastline. Our recommendation of beaches to visit are: Playa Grande, Playa Chica, Los Pocillos and Matagorda.
Shopping is an essential part for most tourists and can take advantage of the duty-free discounts on cosmetics, perfumes, alcohol and cigarettes that can be purchased in the shops along the main beachfront and the Biosfera plaza shopping centre, where you can also find high street fashion.
You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to food and drinks, there must be over 200 hundred bars and restaurants to choose from and most are exceptional. If you like fresh fish, then head down to the old town harbour and try the local catch of day!
To take part in if you are on the island:
- Carnival is the biggest fiesta on the island and normally falls at the end of February/beginning of March in Puerto del Carmen. They have a fantastic colourful parade with lots of floats and the carnival queen herself.
- Nuestra Señora del Carmen, patron saint of Puerto del Carmen is held in the old town harbour with a summer fun fair, a sea procession for the local fishermen and a street procession in Calle Teide which normally takes place at the end of July/beginning of August.
- Ironman is the largest sporting event in Lanzarote and one of toughest triathlons in the world with more than 1800 participants taking part each year. The event takes place around the middle of May with the start line on the Playa Grande beach in Puerto del Carmen.
Main attractions in Puerto del Carmen:
- Nº1 choice: Rancho Texas Park Lanzarote
- Paracraft Watersports Lanzarote
- Water-Taxis from Puerto del Carmen Old Town harbour to Puerto Calero marina
- Aquatic Park on Playa Grande
- Gran Karting Club Lanzarote
- Lanzarote Golf Resort
Puerto del Carmen is an ideal base for anyone seeking to retire or looking to buy a holiday rental investment. Our estate agency is based in the Puerto del Carmen Old Town, so why not search our selection of properties for sale in Puerto del Carmen with the most popular area being the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen because of its ideal location with a fantastic harbour with daily boat excursions and excellent fish restaurants. The Old Town has more charm, character and tranquillity compared to the hustle and bustle of the main beachfront. Not forgetting the more exclusive areas of Risco Prieto and Los Mojones, where we offer modern and luxury villas for sale in Puerto del Carmen.
Puerto Calero is a world-renowned sports marina as a stopping point for luxury super yachts crossing the Atlantic and has be the training grounds for some of competitors in Penta Volvo ocean yacht race. The marina itself has good facilities with bars, restaurants and shops.
Main attractions in Puerto Calero:
- Submarine safaris Lanzarote
- Endeavour sailing
- Boat charters
- Fishing charters
Puerto Calero caters for holiday makers as well with having two hotels, two complexes of smaller properties, a newly opened sport leisure centre and uber luxury high end rental villas. Many wealthy international homeowners buy luxury villas as holiday homes or living is this area for a more peaceful and less stressful life style. Our estate agency is based in Puerto del Carmen although you can search our selection of properties for sale in Puerto Calero.
Costa Teguise is another popular coastal holiday resort in Lanzarote, with beaches situated in large coves and plenty of activities to go and do. There is a coastal promenade that runs the length of Costa Teguise, where you are spoilt for choice with an array of bars, restaurants and shops. In the heart of the town lies Pueblo Marinero, with bars and restaurants situated in a lively square where many local events take place, such an open-air crafts market every Friday. It was designed together with the late artist César Manrique.
Costa Teguise is also very popular for windsurfers as it is the island's hot spot for this activity, where every year, the freestyle event of the PWA World Tour is celebrated.
There are four main beaches in this area: Playa de las Cucharas, Playa del Jablillo, Playa Bastián and Playa de los Charcos.
Main attractions in Costa Teguise:
- Nº1 choice: book a north tour which includes visiting Monumento al Campesino, Cueva de los Verdes, Jameos del Agua, La Corona Volcano and Mirador del Río
- Lanzarote Aquarium
- Aquapark Costa Teguise
- Costa Teguise Golf
Costa Teguise makes an ideal base for anyone seeking to retire or looking to buy a holiday rental investment. Our estate agency is based in Puerto del Carmen although you can search our selection of properties for sale in Costa Teguise. where you will find properties in areas such as Playa Bastian and Las Cucharas, where we offer apartments for sale in Costa Teguise.
Playa Blanca is the most southern holiday resort on Lanzarote with its main town, it's beaches and Marina Rubicón, a modern marina with bars, restaurants and shops. There is also a promenade that runs along the coast-line, from the Marina Rubicón all the way to the lighthouse at Faro Pechiguera.
Playa Blanca is a popular destination for families that look for all-inclusive hotel deals.
Our recommendation of beaches to visit are: Playa Blanca, Playa Flamingo, Playa Dorada and Papagayo beaches.
Main attractions in Playa Blanca:
- Nº1 choice: book the south tour which includes Timanfaya National Park, Los Hervideros, El Golfo green lake and La Geria for wine tasting
- Visit the beaches at Papagayo
- Take a boat trip to Isla de Lobos or Fuerteventura
Playa Blanca makes an ideal base for anyone seeking to retire or looking to buy a holiday rental investment. Our estate agency is based in the Puerto del Carmen, although you can search our selection of properties for sale in Playa Blanca, in areas such as Montaña Roja and Las Colorados, where we offer modern villas for sale in Playa Blanca.